Friday, July 8, 2011

Girls Night

I recently got a new camera, in hopes to take better pictures. I am still working out the kinks of picture taking, which would require me to open the instruction manual. I'll do that soon. Anyway last night we had a girls night with 2 of my best friends and their beautiful babies. I made dinner for Ivan while I was out.

I made a cucumber, tomato, avocado, peach, mozzarella salad.


Topped with a little bit of olive oil and pepper.


I decided to make a peach sangria for our girls night.
1 bottle of dry wine ( I used Chardonnay) 
3/4 c vodka
1/4 c sugar
1/2 container of frozen peach daiquiri mix
---stir---
cut 2 fresh peaches and place in the pitcher.
add 1/2 a container of flavored sparkling water ( I used pomegranate)
Place in the refrigerator for 2+ hours and before serving top the pitcher with ice


Now this is what I call pre-gaming:
Baby Gus taking a bath!

Goat cheese and basil crostini's


Christie made an amazing meat sauce with mushrooms, peppers, and meat:






the end of a great night with my 2 amazing friends. I love you Christie + Gus, Jessica + Liam!