Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bacon Jam Grilled Cheese with Ginger Carrot Soup


My Home Made Bacon Jam. It not only tasted better than I could have imagined, but produced more than I thought. I was able to fill 2 1/2 mason jars. 





Carrots and ginger for my healthy ginger carrot soup... 




 EaSy! I sauteed onions in olive oil until they started turning clear. I added my ginger ( 2 tbsp). Once the onions were fully cooked, I chopped 3 1/2 cups worth of carrots and added them to the pot. One last step, 2 cups of chicken stock, a dash of nutmeg and a dash of salt. Wahhh lahhhh.

Once cooked through (carrots softs)... place in blender, until your desired consistency






Final Product. Topped off with avocado and sour cream
Dellissshhhhh








My version of a grilled cheese... white cheddar, avocado, bacon jam, and of course buttery bread.





Dinner tonight. :)